CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Welcome!!!

I thought I would start this blog to document my journey into the world of being crafty! Over the past 5 years I have grown to love my role as a wife and stay-at-home mother to my kids. While enjoying my downtime and playing with my children, I got the itch to do something more, something creative, something........CRAFTY! There's something to be said about having children and reverting back to childhood. Something about finger painting and macaroni art that just screams out "Hey! This IS fun!"

And this is where my journey began. You see my Mom was not quite the "crafty" type. She preferred making reservations over recipes, never owned a sewing machine, and never really handmade a gift for anyone's special occasion. Now don't get me wrong, she's a GREAT ARTIST!! She can draw and paint like no one's business, and some of her artwork adorns the walls of my home at this very minute. But I think when I got married, had kids, and joined this wonderful family of friends known as the SAHM (Stay at Home Moms), I was drawn into a whole different and exciting world of creativity!

Many of my friends are what I would love to call "Super Crafters". They learned the art of something from their ancestors, passed down with loving tradition. I learned that you can actually make a gift for someone's birthday, baby shower, wedding shower, graduation, homecoming, kindergarten graduation, valentines, justbecauseIlikeyou........etc, etc, etc.

So, the long and short of it is I have learned how to sew and own a sewing machine. I have learned (and am still learning) how to cook and make desserts with flair! I have taken the inspiration of my Mom and taken a jab at painting. I own Martha Stewart craft products and I know how to use them, along with my supply of felt, hot glue gun, little fuzzy balls, and pipe cleaners!!

So follow me along on my journey of learning to be crafty! I will share with you all of the wonderful (and maybe not so wonderful) things I have made with my own hands, as well as other ideas that I find online to inspire you to Learn to be Crafty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment